Update on Thesis

As of August 26 I finally finished the reviewed stage of my rough draft:  106 pages of research, 3/8 of an inch thick, clearly the longest paper I have ever written.  It now awaits being proofread by my wife, then submitted to the assigned readers at Nashotah House.  After their review with predicted suggestions for revision, I will revise and then schedule the defense.  I hope this all can be accomplished well before the first of the new year. 

According to past posts I finished up my course work back in the summer of 2011, a long 4 years ago.  About that time and stretching over the next couple of years I wrestled with the proposal phase, eventually completing a total of two different thesis proposals, totaling over 40 additional pages of work. My final proposal was submitted in the Spring of 2013, over two years ago.  It appears that I was finally able to start writing around August of 2013, once I received the green light from my adviser.  I probably could have finished sooner, but last summer unexpectedly delayed my progress because of other presentations and writing commitments.  However, I am now on the home stretch.  For any who have followed this and forgot the rather fascinating and captivating nature of my research (o.k. more than a bit of hyperbole there...), here is the title: "A Study of the Influence of the Church's Liturgical Forms on the Literary Structure and Content of the Apocalypse of St. John."   I wonder how many people will find it on the shelves of Nashotah's library in the years to come....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Historical Roots of the Warham Guild Hood

The Firefighter's Cross

KFUO-FM Sale: Editorial from Board of Directors